If you think bananas are just for monkeys, think again!
Bananas have a bad rap of having too much sugar. I have recently researched that bananas are very beneficial to your body. Yes, it does contain sugar and carbohydrates but they are the natural “good” sugars and carbohydrates that help fuel your workouts!
Bananas do have a high sugar content but, natural sugar is better than feeding your body pasta, bread, potatoes and many other processed sugary sweets. As with anything moderation is the key. Consuming a banana a day can…
1. Keep blood sugar levels steady by consuming a banana before strenuous workouts.
2. Help with overcoming depression due to the high levels of tryptophan, which is converted into serotonin. If you are feeling stressed out have a banana for a snack!
3. Protect muscles from cramps. Because they are also high in potassium and antioxidants.
4. Can be a great supplement for calcium.
5. Improve your mood and reduce PMS symptoms.
6. Reduce swelling, aid in weight loss, strengthen nervous system.
7. Lower blood pressure, and protect against heart attacks and strokes.
8. Help in digestive issues, bananas help heartburn because they are a natural antacid, and also helps to cure ulcers.
9. Stop itching and irritation from a bug bites or hives, eczema, acne and other skin issues if you use the inside of the peel.
10. Pack a punch of Energy.