10 Ways to Eat Less
Losing weight can be a challenge, but it’s something everyone can accomplish!
I want you to start living in your ideal shape, because I know you can! So, here is some pretty cool tips for you to maximize your weight loss efforts!
- Eat more slowly – It isn’t a race! This gives your body time to feel full on fewer calories, and you’ll be able to enjoy your food more!
- Drink water before you eat – Research shows those who drank 16 oz of water about 30 minutes before eating lost more weight.
- Get your dressing on the side – Salads are great, but dressings can be diet killers! When going out to eat, ask for your dressing to be on the side, so you can control your portions!
- When in doubt, eat protein – Protein takes your body longer to digest, and it can help suppress your appetite, so you eat fewer calories.
- Prepare your meals in advance – Meal prep can help you avoid temptation and not binge on high calorie meals.
- Use a smaller plate – If you’re eating at home, use a smaller plate for your meal. This will help remind you to keep your portion sizes smaller.
- Clear your counter tops – Keep snacks and food out of plain site. This helps keep your mind off food and helps you avoid taking little bites and tastes throughout the day.
- Limit Screen Time – Limit your time spent watching shows and browsing on social media, and get moving instead! You’ll burn more calories and also have more free time!
- Spice it up a little – Spicy foods, like hot peppers, contain Capsaicin, which can help boost metabolism. If you’ve got the stomach, try them out!
- Eat more apples – They have lots of fiber, which makes you feel fuller longer. Try eating one before meals. (an apple a day keeps the doctor away!)